Another 7 1/2 hours sorting and preparing donated books for next weekend's big sale. Quite apart from my lifelong "book lust" which makes me want to go in a corner and read about 30% of what I've sorted, it's been SO satisfying to develop a place for everything and put everything in its place. Why can't I seem to do that at home??? Of course, the Social Hall has LOTS of space, which my rooms at home, and my office, do not... that probably helps. But meanwhile, my frequent sciatica is kicking up with a fury from all those hours on my feet. I need to go become supine, so this will have to suffice as a creative thing (in case book organizing doesn't count as creative, which it should because I've made little departments by interest and the whole thing should be very appealing to shoppers if we can just get them in the door.)
The Book Sorter's Lament
Never enough time
(or shelves) for all the fine books
that beg to be read.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment