Friday, September 3, 2010

creativity is tiring!

My brother John called a little while ago to make sure I was still  a) alive and  b) in town  because I hadn't blogged yesterday.  When I dragged home from work at 10 pm (not as bad as it sounds... I hadn't come in until noon) I felt I had produced quite enough creative stuff in the course of my "Communications Manager" workday. I sank down in front of the televised ballgame with Tim and allowed myself to fall asleep in the 13th inning of the Twins loss. (I know... me watching sports... it's strange.)

Part of what this "Creating Something Daily" blog has helped me realize is how much creative energy I can put into a workday... writing, designing flyers and ads, working with photos.  And although I was hoping that the "responsibility" of this blog would make me still come home and create a card or a poem to show you, there are days it seems unnecessary.  Occasionally I've posted something I've done for work, but it never seems as though I should "take credit" for it.

Any thoughts on the matter?

Meanwhile, here's a card... the part that dangles down got caught up when I scanned the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment