Tonight my friend Carol and I went to a nearby stained glass workshop called Glass Endeavors for a class on making fused glass pendants. We'd gotten half-price coupons... nothing like a good deal to lure me into something I've been eager to try. The shop owners had precut squares and rectangles for us, plus lots of bits of fusible glass and dichroic glass bits and pieces to top them with. Over the next few days, they'll fuse our little works of art in the kiln and next Tuesday we can pick them up. I made three, with the plan that I will mount them all on one cord with glass bead spacers for a lovely original necklace.
Here's a photo of the "before" stage... I'll be interested to see how they turn out when fused (melted together). I can see this could be another really addictive art form -- just what I need. I have to edge myself into the craft room sideways just to get to this computer to blog! On the positive side, it's less than 3 blocks away, so if I walk there, I get exercise! (Yeah, that's a good reason do to it! It will make edging into this room easier!))
.
I'd like to make some earrings to go with this necklace, so I think another visit or two to Glass Endeavors is in my future.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment