My creative moment came tonight when, still at work, I was entertaining myself by singing while stuffing the church Bulletin with the week's insert. I had been riffing on "Lay Down Your Burden" and "Lay Down My Sister" (all this laying down... could it indicate the night is settling in and I should go home to bed??) when I moved on to my own little lyric and tune about our relation to the natural world...
I am your Sister.
I am the wind that bends the trees.
I am the wolf that's runnin' through the wild wood,
I am the water that gives relief.
I tried to capture myself singing on video so I could try to figure out how to attach it to the blog, but I hate the way I look (12 hours at work -- could that have anything to do with it?) and my voice was losing its range from singing so much. It was not pretty. But maybe I'll keep working on it and add a verse or two.
Now I can take the rest of the Bulletins home for Tim to stuff overnight. YAY!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment