Sunday, July 18, 2010

I love falling asleep to the sound of rain.

And that's just what I did when I came home from a delicious dinner and refreshing dip in the pool with friends at Carol's apartment -- thanks for making it possible, Carol!  Just as I arrived home, the forecast rains began to pour... and pour... and pour... accompanied by lightening and thunder. It's one of the things I miss most in the winter, even more than the color green. So I settled in on my front porch to enjoy it... and woke up at 12:35 am.   Just in time to hear an absolutely ridiculous serenade by one or more cats somewhere in the yard. Obviously, unless one of the singers slinks offstage, it's not likely to end well... but their "worst of American Idol" presentation is highly entertaining.  Tone-deaf kindergartners singing opera.

Fortunately, I had made a card before I left for Carol's, so I have this photo to prove I did something creative on Saturday, July 17, even if the computer knows I'm blogging in the first hour of Sunday. 

(Boyng, our indoor black cat, is VERY impressed by the singing going on outside the window of Studio E. I'm surprised he isn't joining in, but I guess he knows the fight isn't his to sing about. Oops... just heard the battle scene, but there's apparently more to sing about as each aggrieved party makes his case.  Tune in for the morning mews... I mean, news.)

No comments:

Post a Comment