What do you remember from Mother Goose? "To market, to market to buy a fat pig. Home again, home again, jiggity jig" came to me, home again after a few days on the road. Didn't go to market, though, and no fat pig. I had a couple of puzzles as a child, whose images are lodged in my memory less in actual detail as in the influence they still exert over me. One was of an elf and fairy village where every character lived in a colorful toadstool or mushroom... and I still look at the forest floor for moss and lichen and fungi and elves and fairies. And I see them. The other was of the Seven League Boots, and someone striding, giant-like, over rolling acres of farm and village. And I still dream I can take a step and then not touch back down for a long time, floating or taking bounding steps wherever I want to go. I was up so disappointed at being earth bound.
By tomorrow I'll be ready to show some photos from the trip and talk about what passed for creativity while I was detached from the internet. Tim suggested that my driving home yesterday qualified as a creative thing... and I didn't choose to pursue his reasons! I did learn that Nigel (the name I gave the British male voice on the Garmin GPS) was SUCH an opinionated and impatient putz compared to Betty Lou (the American female voice.) SHE was willing to let me make some changes to her described route, and adapted to my...mmm... creative driving. It was very cool to have the Garmin in addition to, and often in place of, written directions. Thanks to my bro!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment