Saturday, July 10, 2010

I've worked steadily for 7 hours...

...and made some appreciable headway in the Labor of Sisyphus which is my world.  Year after year I hear myself say "I can't do (insert meaningful or entertaining activity here); I really have to clean the (insert part of house here.)"  And no matter what I accomplish, as Sisyphus discovered when he finally pushed his boulder to the top of the mountain, the task somehow always still remains to be done. Again. And again.

Once again today it was the "den" and "Studio E" (the art/craft room) and tomorrow -- without fully accomplishing either of these upstairs rooms -- I'll go to the basement and roll a few more boulders there. I'd like to say I have the space -- or the heart -- tonight to create something out of these art supplies I've been moving around and putting into bins.  But I don't.  So I'll scratch out another little haiku... 17 syllables to prove I can create something daily. Other than clutter.

One day Sisyphus
will carry a sledgehammer
too. No more boulder.






 

1 comment:

  1. Koi mujhse bhi puch le kyun khamosh hai meri aankhein,Meri zindagi ko fir se maang raha hai ye dil satta king and Har lamha yun kal Ko talash raha hai yeh dil,Guzri yaadon ko fir se jeena chah raha hai yeh dil play bazaar

    ReplyDelete