Wednesday, August 11, 2010

cool, clear water (water)

While waiting for the internet to connect upstairs tonight -- a mysterious process requiring incantations and occasional sacrifices -- I explored some of the files of photos I've taken that I've never done anything with. In order to call it a creative effort tonight, when the photos were actually taken in December 2007,  on a cruise off the western coast of Mexico with Carol and her sons. I've cropped and slightly enhanced some of these views.

So here is  my antidote to the steamy hot weather we've been having recently:

 The water off Cabo San Lucas













From Cabo, several of us took a zodiac boat  to this beach to snorkel. (I did not choose to snorkel... I'd never done it before, there was no help with the equipment, and the instruction was "Just jump in and breathe through the mouthpiece." Sorry -- that just wasn't enough for me.)

As it happened, most of the other people encountered stinging jellyfish in the water.



This sea could be textured metal, or a certain kind of fabric whose name escapes me at the moment, pinned to a golden satin with a jewel.












This looks like the moon's fingerprint. The delicate "strip of jewels" in the center is San Diego.












I hope to return there one day... when I weigh 100 lbs less and therefore have more energy and flexibility, when Glenda has taught me to snorkel, and when I can stay near the beach instead of on a ship.

And now to dream of cool blue waters...

No comments:

Post a Comment