Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Ooozing confidence... OOOPS! I slipped!

I was SO sure I'd be able to figure out how to take some movie clips, jpegs and text screens and turn them into something watchable and playable on a DVD player hooked to a large TV. By 2 pm this upcoming Saturday. With no experience.  I'm claiming these efforts as my creative thing for the day... but, darn it, I thought creative enterprises were supposed to make me feel GOOD.  Instead I'm feeling like a dope.

I've got six video clips taken by Sr. Doris at Sinsinawa of the elderly Sisters who were once active at St. Albert the Great. Since all the Sinsinawa Dominicans are having their own community meeting in Wisconsin this weekend, they won't be able to attend St. Albert's 75th Anniversary All School/All Parish Reunion. Sr. Doris thought we could put together a DVD to play all day for those who wanted to watch it look through the videos, the few vintage photos, and some screens of text bearing greetings from a number of the Sisters.  I exuded confidence that I could figure it out and, as usual, have put it off until the third-to the-last minute..

I'll work a while longer and then go to bed hoping some deceased multi-media geek will visit me in my dreams and explain it all to me.  It worked for my friend Cathy, when her Grandma taught her to crochet from the spirit world. Unfortunately, I don't think any of my dead people knew any more than I know.

Or are there any living, awake volunteers out there?? Call me at work: 612-724-3643, ext 101. If the receptionist says I'm busy, have her tell me the Angel I asked for has arrived!

No comments:

Post a Comment