I walked through the house looking for Olivia in all her accustomed favorite places... sunbeams, pillows, a misplaced sweater of mine. I couldn't find her anywhere. I have noticed that cats do disappear, not even leaving behind a Cheshire Cat grin, but it was past Olivia's dinnertime. Normally she would be parked by her food bowls, waiting for a little spoonful of something moist and tasty. Normally I could tell time by her schedule.
I doubted whether "normal" was going to be an adjective that applied to my life anymore.
I doubted whether "normal" was going to be an adjective that applied to my life anymore.
She was nowhere to be found. The window to the maple was now secure again; she couldn't have gone back out. I checked all the other windows and doors, closets and corners. The house felt very empty all of a sudden. And I had no one to talk to after all the mystery and clamor that had gone on.
I picked up the phone and called Carol. " I need to do some research on the exact color of swimming pool paint."
I picked up the phone and called Carol. " I need to do some research on the exact color of swimming pool paint."
She laughed. "Feeling a bit stressed out?" she guessed. "Needing a relaxing swim?"
"Noooo. No, of course not. It's totally research. No. I'm lying. A tree fell on your cake. My cat is AWOL from her job of offering companionship and comfort. I sent all the warm cookies home with my cousin Louie. There's a Gateway to the Land of Secrets that no one is at liberty to tell me about."
There was a slight pause on the other end of the line. "I'll get out my swimsuit," Carol said. "Come on over and we'll study the exact shade of pool blue."

Koi mujhse bhi puch le kyun khamosh hai meri aankhein,Meri zindagi ko fir se maang raha hai ye dil satta king and Har lamha yun kal Ko talash raha hai yeh dil,Guzri yaadon ko fir se jeena chah raha hai yeh dil play bazaar
ReplyDelete