Friday, June 25, 2010

AAAARRRRGGGHHH!

I forgot to take a photo of the cool card I made at brother John's request for two of his co-workers (a married couple) who are moving to Oakland, CA.  It was full of personal references and in-jokes from the office, so maybe it wouldn't have made any sense to anyone else, but it was my creative thing of the day... accomplished before 10:15 a.m., I might add.  I used the large stamp I have that creates a dimensional Chinese take-out container, and filled it full of stamped fortune cookies with paper "fortune" strips specific to the couple. Lots of deep red, black and gold... very "classic Chinese restaurant"!

We had a wonderful deluge of rain this evening, our young trees dancing -- and ducking when the hail hit.(I haven't checked the leaky basement yet, so I can still think it was wonderful rain.)  The storm sewer drains are still blocked by tarp and sandbags from the recent arsenic-removal projects on neighboring lawns... and it appears that someone could just about kayak along the street.

I'm going back in front of the fan now...

2 comments:

  1. I was sort of hoping you'd gotten an image of the card, since everything you create is one-of-a-kind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Koi mujhse bhi puch le kyun khamosh hai meri aankhein,Meri zindagi ko fir se maang raha hai ye dil satta king and Har lamha yun kal Ko talash raha hai yeh dil,Guzri yaadon ko fir se jeena chah raha hai yeh dil play bazaar

    ReplyDelete