Today's something creative won't be viewable for a while. Along with friends Micah and Glenda, I tried making a stepping stone for the garden. (I made two last year and had great visions of making dozens. Yup.) This time, I chose a spiral of pebbles in Quickcrete concrete in a hexagonal mold. We experimented with a process by which the pebbles are glued to paper and placed "face down" in the mold, with the Quickcrete spread atop the paper. Eventually the paper is supposed to be torn and scrubbed away and the pebbles remain, but I think a thin layer of Quickcrete will have to go over the pebbles once the stone is cured enough to be turned over.
Experiments are hard for me. I always want to produce something worth keeping, and it's in the nature of experiments to fail sometimes.
Tomorrow I hope to learn to make lefse... another experiment, but at least one I can eat!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment