It's beginning to look as though my Studio E computer is defunct... no more music or Netflix on in the background while I putter with art supplies, and -- much worse -- possibly no way to get at my archives of art ideas, photos, writing. I'm not panicking yet, but I'm teetering on the edge.
It's been a bad week for computer misery. At work, the backup system for Mother died (Mother is the "server" for our quasi-network, the computer where all of us store our documents so little will be lost if any individual computer crashes). In the replacement process, it was as if a tornado came through. You know how tornadoes take a wall but leave a vase of flowers next to it untouched? My co-workers and I are discovering plenty of files that are just plain missing; more often the file folder will still be there, but instead of 30 documents inside, there will be 2. And we don't know what's gone until we reach for it. Frustrating, and a good reminder to have multiple back-ups... or much less faith in technology!
That said, I'm once again on Tim's computer. For today's creative effort, I can report that I spent part of my lunch hour earlier today fiddling with some new type fonts, printing out some greetings for cards. Nothing for you to see today, but a bit of creativity which will become visible as the card-making progresses.
OK, everybody... focus lots of positive energy on my Dell and inspire my computer guy to come over and miraculously heal it! (Thank you.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'm sitting in a funk. You make me smile. Not because your computer crashed but because you tell the story so well.
ReplyDeleteKoi mujhse bhi puch le kyun khamosh hai meri aankhein,Meri zindagi ko fir se maang raha hai ye dil satta king and Har lamha yun kal Ko talash raha hai yeh dil,Guzri yaadon ko fir se jeena chah raha hai yeh dil play bazaar
ReplyDelete