After several days of producing MORE than I required of myself to meet my "Creating Something Daily" goals, today I have only a workday to show for my time and effort.
I created the basics of this week's parish Bulletin... something I do every week, so it really doesn't count.
The creative act which took most of my time was the design and production of name tags for the parish's16 Confirmands for the ceremony tonight at the Basilica. The "Archbishop's Requirements" called for Confirmation names printed in one-inch high letters for the Bishop's ease of reading. Doesn't sound too complicated for the girl who chose ANN. However, the newly minted Josephina and Bernadette, Elisabeth and Christopher tended to have name tags that looked a little more like a cross between a billboard in their width, and a license plate (due to the Agency FB typeface which I chose for its compactness... but it has that kind of squared off look of old license plate lettering.)
I returned to the office after the ceremony to work more on the Bulletin, as I've scheduled a short week with a large workload. It's 10:30 pm, I want to leave the office, and I don't imagine I'll get around to claiming any other creative genius for today once I get home.
So today I'm going to say that my job gives me opportunities to accomplish creative things. Sometimes. And often by a different definition of "creative" than we all might expect!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Koi mujhse bhi puch le kyun khamosh hai meri aankhein,Meri zindagi ko fir se maang raha hai ye dil satta king and Har lamha yun kal Ko talash raha hai yeh dil,Guzri yaadon ko fir se jeena chah raha hai yeh dil play bazaar
ReplyDelete