Sunday, May 30, 2010

so it wasn't the last...

Memorial Day weekend isn't over, and I've discovered new BlogHop comments (yay!) so I might as well post a couple of today's red, white and blue cards... and remind visitors to check the two May 29 posts that were part of the Operation Write Home Blog Hop.

We had supper with our son and future daughter-in-law (Tim and Emily) tonight... and that's where most of my day's energy went.  Much to my shock, those darned housecleaning elves who are supposed to come in and clean every night appear to have gone on strike some time ago.  I'm still checking under the furniture to find the notice that I'm SURE they left... but the dust buffalo are prone to stampede and it makes for quite an exhausting day.



Any suggestions on good adhesvies?  The red & white stripe is ribbon and I've tried both double-stick tape and adhesive roller, and I always fear it's all going to let go somewhere over the ocean before it gets into the hands of whoever is meant to receive it.

I often think that most of the cards I wind up posting on this blogs are "test runs."  I'll only get better if I make a few more... but will that still count as "Something Creative Daily" if I'm repeating myself?  



I tried making a little "pouf" on the left of the sentiment on the sunset card, using a ribbon scrap. The only brad I could find to attach it with was green, when gold really would have been better. ( Aren't we always our own worst critics??)

I watched a program today on U.S. cemeteries in foreign countries. The numbers buried in each make me gasp.  Blessings on all who are in harm's way this Memorial Day.

4 comments:

  1. Terrifically tacky tape or in laymen's terms..."Redline tape" it is double sided tape that is like super glue.

    Provo craft makes it under the name Artsy accents, and you can get it in Michael's...Pennywise crafts (dot com) she sells it in different widths and sheets and rolls of sheet size, it is also excellent for glitter (not for these cards) and micro beads etc.

    Hope that helps.
    :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card thanks so much for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to use Zip dry. Dries fast, stays put & you can remove any that slides out from under. Great cards. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Koi mujhse bhi puch le kyun khamosh hai meri aankhein,Meri zindagi ko fir se maang raha hai ye dil satta king and Har lamha yun kal Ko talash raha hai yeh dil,Guzri yaadon ko fir se jeena chah raha hai yeh dil play bazaar

    ReplyDelete